Who is a Young Carer?
A young carer is someone aged 25 and under who cares for a family member or friend who has:
- A physical or learning disability
- Poor mental health
- A long-term health condition
- A substance dependency
A Caring role can be:
- Physical care, like helping someone get washed and dressed
- Collecting or giving medication
- Emotional support eg taking extra responsibility this things such as siblings or shopping for the family
- Keeping someone company/calming them down when distressed.
How we support young carers?
One-to-one support with a Young Carer Support Worker
Regular fun group activities where you can meet other young carers.
Give you information about things that are important to you.
The chance to go on exciting trips and visit new places.
How to refer to our service?
Email: email@example.com for referral form